"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Democrats and Lying...

What is it about Democrats and lying about their past?   Here are the candidates for President for the Democratic Party in the past twenty years, and certain statements they have made:

Bill Clinton - I saw black churches burning when I was a boy.

Al Gore - Tipper and I were the basis for the book Love Story.

John Kerry - “I remember Christmas of 1968, sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia."
Barack Obama - The composite white girl from Dreams From My Father.

Of the Vice-Presidential candidates -- Gore, Lieberman, Edwards, Biden -- the only one who's not a serial liar is Lieberman, and, hey, guess what?   HE'S NOT A DEMOCRAT ANYMORE!!   He quit the party when they veered too far to the left on the War on Terrorism.

No comments:

Post a Comment