"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone out there had a happy Mother's Day weekend.   We had a great one here in lovely southeast Wisconsin, with the Regular Grandma up to visit, the Regular Son running the 3200m on Saturday (second in conference JV as a freshman, after getting nipped at the tape by a senior), and the Regular Daughters dancing up an Irish Dance storm on Saturday night, all facilitated through much hard work and hostessing by the sumptuous Regular Wife.  

Anyway, the Regular G wanted us to build a concrete pad off the side of the driveway so our soon-to-be-moving-from-2-to-3-drivers family can turn around rather than backing into traffic.   This morning the contractors were at the house, and the concrete is now suitably hardening.


No comments:

Post a Comment