"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Girl of the Day - Pete Cambell, You Bad Man (Alexis Bleidel)


Sunday on Mad Men, Pete Campbell, secretly the darkest figure on the show, and whose character has certainly taken a turn for the worse this season, began an affair with the depressed wife of a fellow commuter to the Connecticut suburbs of New York.    The woman was played by Alexis Bleidel, whom I had never seen before, but who starred in a show that a lot of people apparently thought was pretty good, The Gilmore Girls.   A prediction:  I think we'll see a little more of her this year, as Pete continues his spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment