"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ron Johnson Schools HHS Secretary on Obamacare

Apparently the Secretary of HHS, Kathleen Sibelius, has no idea whether Obamcare adds to the federal deficit or not.   Look, wouldn't that be sort of a basic thing you ought to know?   If you're enacting a giant new federal entitlement program, wouldn't it be your fiduciary duty to the American citizenry you're supposedly representing to have some idea about what the cost of the program would be?   Sheesh!

Here's Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson's questioning in the Senate:

No comments:

Post a Comment