"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, March 9, 2012

Initial Take on Wrecking Ball

Well, the Regular Son and I listened to Wrecking Ball last night, and I have to say that Bruce did all right for an old guy.   There are at least a few songs that I think are worthy efforts, including the title tune, the opening tune of the record, "We Take Care of Our Own," "Land of Hope and Dreams," "Shackled and Drawn," and "Rocky Ground."

"Rocky Ground" includes a rap, which the Regular Son did not like, but which I actually liked a lot, because it seemed to work musically in the context of the song, and I liked the girl rapper's voice:



Besides, the way Bruce sings nowadays, he might as well do spoken word records.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment