"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Double Standard Alert

I told my son yesterday that the double standards in the mainstream media are so numerous that it almost gets tedious to keep pointing them out.   You can spend all day playing the "what if a Republican had said that?"   Or:  "what if so-and-so had said that about Muslims?"

This story falls into the second category and highlights one of my big pet peeves, namely, the way in which anti-Catholic bigotry has become acceptable in a way that bigotry of nearly any other variety is not.   Just read the whole thing... it's both hilarious and shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment