"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, March 9, 2012

Oh, and by the way, while we were talking about rubbers...

The federal deficit last month set a new record, as it increased by $229 billion.   That's after January's monthly budget deficit of a measly $223 million.   So the Obama Administration managed to spend in the first two months of this year only about $452 billion more than they took in.   On an annualized basis, hmmm, let's see, multiply by six, carry the one....


So I guess while this ship goes down, we might as well rearrange the deck chairs and pass out the birth control pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment