"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Girls of the Day - 21 Jump Street Version

The Regular Son and I caught 21 Jump Street last weekend.   Short review:   very vulgar, very funny.   About on par with Superbad in terms of both.   Great stuff.  

Anyway, it's mostly a vehicle for the male-bonding leads, Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, but each has a "love interest" of sorts, neither of which is age-appropriate for twenty-something cops pretending to be high school students (probably intentionally as part of the "edgy" humor).   For Hill it's a high-school girl, Molly, played by Brie Larson:



For Tatum, it's his chemistry teacher, played by Ellie Kemper:


No comments:

Post a Comment