"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Girl of the Day - By Way of Contrast (Gina Carano)

Sandra Fluke, the feminist activist/Georgetown law student/victim of her own incompetence at finding cheap birth control is 30.   Gina Carano, the MMA fighter/movie star, turns 30 next month.  Not to cast aspersions on Miss Carano, but I would imagine that she is a good deal more capable of finding (and paying for) her own birth control than Miss Fluke.




Which model for feminism would you want your daughters to aspire to?

***

By the way, a few questions a real reporter would ask of Ms. Fluke:

1) Have you been in contact with feminist activist/liberal political organizations within the last month in connection with your testimony before Congress?   When?   Before?   After?

2) Have you received any offers/payments of money in connection with your testimony before Congress?

3) How are you currently paying for Georgetown law school?   Living expenses?

4) Do you own a car?  What make?

5) Do you have a cell phone?   Cable TV?

6) Have you been on a vacation in the past year?  To where?

7) Do you have a summer associate position lined up for this summer?   At what firm?   How much will you be paid?


I could probably think of some more questions if I spent, oh, five more minutes thinking of them.   Which is apparently five more minutes than anyone in the MSM has spent coming up with questions for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment