"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Zuckerman on Obama - Ouch!

Mort Zuckerman, the editor-in-chief of U.S. New and World Report, owner of the New York Daily News, and a real estate billionaire (founder of Boston Properties), writes today about Obama:
He came across as a young man in a grown-up's game—impressive but not presidential. A politician but not a leader, managing American policy at home and American power abroad with disturbing amateurishness. Indeed, there was a growing perception of the inability to run the machinery of government and to find the right people to manage it. A man who was once seen as a talented and even charismatic rhetorician is now seen as lacking real experience or even the ability to stop America's decline.
As the saying goes, if you've lost Mort Zuckerman...

No comments:

Post a Comment