"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Smile(s) of the Day


Get ready, America.   It's going to be wall-to-wall Kate Middleton  and Prince William for the next few years.   Nice looking girl... they make a nice looking couple.  I can't help thinking that they'd be happier if he was a just plain Bill and she was a girl he met at college.   Hard to be normal when you're in the fishbowl of British royalty, and normal is, in my deep experience and judgment, the sine qua non of a happy life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment