"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, November 15, 2010

Smile of the Day Redux

In my Smile of the Day post below, I noted as follows:
I guess no one could have predicted that someone who had never done anything in his life would be unable to run the most complex enterprise in the world -- the United States government -- during a particularly difficult time?   I mean... elect an affirmative-action-hire law professor/community organizer President of the United States?  What could go wrong?
Just now I happened to read a good post by Ed Morrissey at Hot Air on Obama's grisly G-20 performance:
In 2008, we warned about the dangers of putting a man in the White House with no executive, military, diplomatic, or private-sector experience.  It should shock no one to find that American leadership has utterly vanished on the international stage when we elect someone incapable of providing that leadership.  The lesson from both the Right and Left coasts’ media is that Barack Obama is in way over his head and doesn’t have a clue how to get back to the surface.
I would say that great minds think alike, but the truth is that any fool can see (and could have seen) this train wreck of a Presidency coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment