"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sad Little People Do Sad Little Things

It's turned into a decently-sized national story that a man in Vermont, Wisconsin shot his TV with a shotgun in a rage apparently enduced by Bristol Palin (Sarah Palin's daughter) winning on Dancing With the Stars.   Some conservatives suggest that it shows that the real "hate" is on the Left.   Well, maybe.  Or maybe just a sad little man who probably drank too much and got angry at his TV.   It happens.  Not sure there is a grand conclusion to draw.  

Anyway, here's Bristol dancing: 


I can't believe that this does her mother much good politically, so it's hard to understand why it would make a loony Lefty so angry.   Anyway, here's the dude:


The words "pathetic loser" come to mind.   But let's be Christian... the guy had a bad night, and I'm pretty sure he regrets it now.   Let's hope he has a better Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment