"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, May 17, 2013

Hard to Keep Up II

Unidentified Treasury Department senior officials knew about the Inspector General report on the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups in June 2012, five months before the election, according to a report in the New York Times (of all places).    

Hmmmm... in June 2012:

Timothy Geithner was the Treasury Secretary.

Mark Patterson (former staffer for Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle) was his Chief of Staff.

Neil Wolin, the Deputy Secretary, was an Obama White House staffer before joining the Treasury Department.

In other words:

Political animals.

Sure, they didn't tell anyone at the White House about this bombshell IG report coming down.

Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment