"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, May 13, 2013

Distinguishing Five Scandals

I had forgotten about a number of Obama administration scandals until I did an Internet search and found this website.    While extrajudicial targeting of an American citizen abroad for assasination by drone strike might end up the worst when historians look back in 100 years, there seem to be five big Obama scandals that have any chance of capturing the public's attention.   As a public service, I'm going to reduce each of them to a single phrase, which is how they are going to have to be portrayed to the American public if they are going to have any legs.

1. Pigford.   Billion-dollar federal slush fund for fake minority "farmers."

2. Benghazi.   Presidential cowardice and coverup in the face of terrorist murders of four Americans.

3. Fast and Furious.   Federal government gun-running resulting in hundreds of dead Mexicans.

4. Solyndra.   Massive payoffs to Obama cronies concealed as "loans" to Potemkin "clean energy" companies.

5. IRS and Tea Party Patriots.   Politically targeted harassment from the least-likable government agency during an election season.

If I had to select the one's with the most legs, I would say Benghazi and the IRS scandal.   The others are two complicated, and the connections back to Obama too tenuous.   For Benghazi you could say, however unfairly, that Obama went to sleep during the attack, and went to Las Vegas the day after.   For the IRS scandal, however unfairly, you could point to Obama's joke back in 2009 that he would have political opponents audited.

Incompetent.

Lying.

Corrupt.

Nasty.

The picture is coming into focus for the American people.

No comments:

Post a Comment