"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Greatest Sentence Ever?

Well, probably not.   But this pretty much sums up how the mainstream press has abdicated its responsibility to cover major news stories, like the story from the foreign press that broke yesterday that the Saudi intelligence service had identified Tamerlan Tsarnaev as a potential jihadist long before Boston, and told the CIA and the White House, but nothing ever happened after that:

I find it quite remarkable that in the short span of 5 years we have evolved as a country from the era of presidents steering hurricanes to minority neighborhoods with Halliburton-controlled weather machines to the highest office in the land just being too darn complex for any one man to influence inconsequential subtleties like national security and intelligence gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment