"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, February 7, 2013

What Difference Does It Make?

Outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta testified today under oath that, on the night of 9/11/12 when four Americans, including the ambassador to Libya, were killed in Benghazi, he had no calls with President Obama.   Not one.   Not checking in.   Not a quick call to see how things are going.   Nothing.

As Hillary Clinton might say, what difference does having a Commander in Chief make?

***

Oh, and by the way.   The day before 9/11/12, the Washington Post had an article citing records showing Obama had skipped most of his intelligence briefings.  

It's our fault.   We elected him.   And then we re-elected him.

A silly people.

No comments:

Post a Comment