"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, February 11, 2013

Viva la Papa!

From the Regular Son:


I have been lucky to have in my most formative years as a Catholic been able to witness two truly great and magnanimous Popes. I believe Benedict made the right decision but I fear that this may set a precedent: that resignation is always advisable in the late years of a deteriorating Pontiff. This is not just a job: it is a supreme and holy office. The Holy Father has been appointed by Heaven to lead the earthly Church.

Still, Viva la Papa!


No comments:

Post a Comment