"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Girl of the Day - Lois Maxwell

It may have been just my taste, but I suspect it was shared by many.   When I watched the early Bond films, I always thought Bond should have romanced Miss Moneypenny, the assistant to M back at the office, rather than the various blonde bombshells (Ursula Andress, etc.) that littered the movies.   The actress was Lois Maxwell, who was born today in 1927.   Here she is in costume as Moneypenny:




And here she is a little earlier, as a younger actress:




No comments:

Post a Comment