"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, February 25, 2013

Belated 16th Birthday Greeting to the Regular Son

I talk enough about the Regular Son on the blog that I didn't think it necessary to belabor his 16th birthday last week.    Besides, he makes me feel old... and short.... and slow.... and, well, stupid sometimes.   (He also gives me great joy and friendship.)  

Nevertheless, in tribute to the RS becoming old enough to drive the boys-department Mercedes (my car), here is our favorite song:





P.S. From a certain perspective, I am the one giving him shelter, and vice-versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment