"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, January 28, 2013

When Will This Story Make the New York Times?

A reporter named Jason Mattera had the temerity to ask New York Mayor Bloomberg about his position on gun control, and was then followed and accosted by Bloomberg's armed security:





Mayor Bloomberg should be asked how he would explain why this doesn't violate the civil liberties of this reporter.   It seems pretty obvious to me... a police officer acting with the color of state authority (albeit without jurisdiction) to stop and detain and question an individual without probable cause and to intimidate a journalist who is exercising his First Amendment rights.  

If a bodyguard for, say, Rick Santorum had done this to a reporter for, say, the New York Times, do you think it would be front page news?   I do.  

But do you think the New York Times will report on it now?

That's why the business model of MSM news is dying.   Half of their potential customers know that they are being sold a lie called "objective journalism."  

No comments:

Post a Comment