"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, January 28, 2013

President Bullshit

Obama over the weekend claimed in an interview that he goes skeet-shooting all the time when at Camp David.

I think he's lying.

I don't think he's ever gone skeet-shooting at Camp David.  If he had, there would be photographs of him doing it.   In fact, given his pretense of running as a centrist, I wouldn't have been surprised if he had staged a skeet-shooting photo-op during the election to prove his "regular guy" cred.   But if you go to Google Images and enter "Obama skeet shooting," there are zero hits on the entire Internet.  

By contrast, if you do the same thing with "Obama baseball," here's what you get:

















This is the most photographed man in history.   I challenge anyone in his administration to come up with a date-stamped photograph of the President skeet-shooting, or else they should admit that he lied.  

This is a guy who made up "composite girlfriends."   He has an ease with lying surpassed in American politics perhaps only by Bill Clinton.   He's lying on this.  

Where is the press?   The main issue in America today -- because Obama is making it so -- is guns.   He's just told a whopper as part of his propaganda on the issue.   It's designed to reinforce the liberal canard that hunting is the only legitimate purpose for guns.   When a President tells a lie, the press is supposed to investigate and report back to the American people what they find.

It's a simple question to Jay Carney at today's press briefing.

"Jay, can the White House produce a single photograph of President Obama shooting skeet at Camp David?"

No comments:

Post a Comment