"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, January 18, 2013

Girl of the Day - Bangles Edition

For an American boy of a certain age -- meaning you were born in the late 1950s or early 1960s and were listening to music as a single dude in the early to mid 1980s, or, more likely, watching music videos as a lonely single dude in the mid 1980s, you probably perked up when The Bangles came on.   Not that the music was anything to write home about.   But the lead singer, Susanna Hoffs, was extra cute in a kind of big-hair, lots of eye makeup, dirty sexy sleazy kind of way that appeals to you for about a half-decade when you're young.

Anyway, she turns 54 today.   Holy crap.

This is her back in the day.



Here she is in 2008, at 49.   Frankly, and this may be my own age showing, she looks better now.


No comments:

Post a Comment