"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Democrats and The Sopranos






























I've been watching a lot of The Sopranos series over Christmas. I know, I know. I'm late to the party.

Anyway, there's a storyline early in the series where a regular john businessman loses at cards in a game run by Tony's crew, and they end up becoming "partners" with him in his sporting goods store. What they do is run up the debt of the business, buying things on credit that they then take for themselves, until the regular john (who had been a high school friend of Tony's and assumed that he wouldn't screw him) is bankrupt and ruined.

Republicans are like the regular john who thinks the Democrats are buddies (i.e., a normal political party composed of American citizens who love their country and want what's best for it, and who will end up compromising to save it), but doesn't realize that they are actually an organized criminal enterprise whose purpose is not governance, but looting the treasury. The goal of the Democratic Party is to transfer as much of the wealth of America and as much of the wealth of the world they can borrow on the country's credit to their own constituencies and cronies, before the country goes bankrupt.

We have to stop pretending that the Democrats will ever do the right thing. They won't.  They are gangsters.   We have a gangster government.

And you wonder why gun stores have trouble keeping inventory in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment