"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Two Christians

One of two men was involved in a double-murder (although the charges were dismissed when he agreed to testify against two of his friends) and has fathered six children by four women.   The other is a lifelong missionary, who has never been involved in any way with misconduct, legal or otherwise, and who is, by all accounts, a virgin.   Both strongly and loudly profess their Christianity.   One is celebrated widely in our culture; the other is denigrated and ridiculed.   One will likely be offered multiple jobs in the mainstream media upon his retirement.   The other, although still in his prime, will likely be out of football next year.   Here are their pictures:



























Now, tell me, why exactly is Ray Lewis so celebrated and Tim Tebow so ridiculed?   And why, given their histories, shouldn't it be reversed?

Is it as obvious to you as it is to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment