"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Solyndra Update

Why, why, why are we worrying about whether Hermann Cain hit on a secretary in the 1990s?   There is staggering corruption going on in the nation's capital under our eyes.   The tip of the iceberg is the Solyndra scandal,which is metastasizing as we speak:


And we're worried about whether Hermann Cain made some woman "uncomfortable" by something he said -- we don't know what yet -- back in the 1990s, i.e., back when we were running budget surpluses and had low unemployment and had just won the Cold War and before 9/11 and... well, you know.   Maybe Mark Steyn is right; maybe we are more frivolous than the Greeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment