"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, November 4, 2011

OWS Imploding

The Occupy Wall Street mob scene -- that's what you have to call it -- is appalling, and it's amazing to me that Mayor Bloomberg has not acted yet to shut it down and move these vagrants off the street and away from the homes and businesses of the citizens of the Zuccotti Park area.   They are doing real damage, not just to the neighborhood, but to the reputation of New York, which has been hard-earned over the past thirty years since I lived there:


A deranged homeless man who has been squatting among the Occupy Wall Street protesters in lower Manhattan went on a violent, early-morning rampage yesterday, cursing incoherently and kicking down tents.... It was just the type of increasingly violent incident that has downtown residents -- already bombarded by megaphones, incessant drumming, graffiti and public urination -- feeling on edge as the OWS takeover of Zuccotti Park enters its third month.

Here's a video from the New York Post about the most recent incidents in the parade of horribles that is OWS-New York:

No comments:

Post a Comment