"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Girl of the Day - Lena Headey

In a spasm of bad parenting, I sat down over the weekend to watch the movie 300 with the Regular Son.   Bad idea:  too much gore, and some scenes that had too much sex stuff going on.   Fortunately he focused on the visual aspect of the movie, which comes from a Frank Miller graphic novel and was remarkable at times.   Or at least that's what he said.   Not sure; he's 14, and, well, you know.

Anyway, a relatively unknown British actress-model, Lena Headey, played the Queen of Sparta, Gorgo:


She apparently is now starring in the HBO series, Game of Thrones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment