"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Girl of the Day - Donna McKechnie


Donna McKechnie, who turns 71 today, is best known for her starring role in A Chorus Line in the mid-70s -- her big number was "The Music and the Mirror" above -- but before that she was in one of the great Sondheim musicals, Company.   Here she is in the late 60s Burt Bacharach-Hal David musical, Promises, Promises, in a show-stopping number called "Turkey Lurkey Time."  She's the one in the red dress:



Ah, the miracle of YouTube.   Without it great talents like McKechnie would just be lost in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment