"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Meanwhile, As The World Goes to Hell in a Handbasket...

While the media has been focused on Joe Paterno (sex scandal), Hermann Cain (sex scandal), and the Occupy Wall Street protests (sheer idiocy), here's a list of things that we're not talking about:

  • The Fast and Furious scandal in which the Obama Administration funneled guns to Mexican drug cartels.
  • The Solyndra/stimulus scandal.   I add "stimulus" because I believe that Solyndra was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of stimulus money steered to Obama donors and Democratic Party constituencies.
  • Iran getting close to a nuclear weapon.
  • Obama essentially conceding Iraq to Iran.
  • Greece, Italy and Europe generally about to implode financially.
  • China's supposed economic miracle slowing to an unsustainable crawl.
  • The Democrats walking out of the "Super Committee," unwilling to strike a deal on deficit reduction, and instead looking to demogogue Medicare in the 2012 elections. 
Corruption at Home, Weakness Abroad!   Obama '12!  

Except, if we get distracted for too long, he just might pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment