"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Shattered - A Satire

The Regular Son came up with this version of the Rolling Stones' late 1970s classic, "Shattered":

"Shattered"
From the album "Some Liberal Academics"
By Prezidizzle Obizzle
Love and hope and change and peace are still surviving in D.C
But look at me
I've been shattered
My spending's so alarming
My panders never charming
My term's just a golfing party every week
We got people dressed in stoner hats, out disturbing traffic
Some kind of activism
Charisma, hopeychanginess
And tax and tax and tax and tax
And look at me, I've been shattered
All this chitter chatter, chitter chatter, chitter chatter
'Bout missile defense systems
I can't give it away till after my reelection
Then I'll be more flexible
Those who work get taxed and taxed
Disincentivise success
Success, success, success, does it matter?
What about my food stamps?
Pride and joy and hope and change
That's what makes up my campaign
Hope and change and AFSCME
Are still survivin' in D.C.
And look at me, I'm in tatters
I've been shattered
Folks, our economy's
Shattered
Folks, our GDP's
Shattered
Folks, health care for free's
Shattered
Your right to be free's
Shattered
Don't you know the unemployment rate's going
Up, up, up, up, UP!!!
To rap without a teleprompter is
Tough, tough, tough, tough, tough, tough, tough
You got turmoil in the middle east, protests downtown
What a mess, this country's in tatters
I've been shattered, my brain's been battered
Splattered all over
The golf course
Slow Joe, he comes around, flatter, flatter, flatter

Not bad... methinks he has a future.   Here's the original:

No comments:

Post a Comment