"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 30, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

The Regular Women and I saw Moonrise Kingdom over the weekend.   Really fun!   True, it's a naive cinematic version of a children's book.  But, heck, I like children's books!   It's also very, very funny and sweet.   We need more of that, methinks.   (To make perhaps too large a point, I don't see anyone dressing up and going into a theater with guns blazing about a Wes Anderson film.   Yet Hollywood continues to pump out the nihlistic violence.)


No comments:

Post a Comment