"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 30, 2012

On Romney's Trip Abroad

So far on his trip abroad, Romney has:

1. Supposedly committed a "gaffe" in describing accurately logistical concerns about the organization of the London Olympics.   As discussed below, that "gaffe" is daily being revealed as a prescient prediction by a certified expert on running an Olympics.

2. Given a rousing pro-Israel speech that has Palestinians calling him a "racist" (meaning he said the exact right thing).

3. Gotten the endorsement of the most famous Pole, Lech Walesa.

For my money, that sounds like a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment