"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Chicago Way


Mayor Rahm Emanuel is coming under fire because of Chicago's soaring murder rate, which has gone up 38% this year.   On the micro-level, I don't think Emanuel should be blamed.   He didn't create the dysfunctional south side of Chicago, where gangs essentially rule.   But, on a macro-level, it is important to note that Chicago is a city that has long been governmed by liberal Democrats, and which, on the South Side, has served as a laboratory for "community organizers" in experimenting with changing inner-city urban neighborhoods.   On that level, since we are going to spend four more months talking endlessly about Mitt Romney's successes in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s in his chosen line of work, is it fair to note that Barack Obama's chosen work as a community organizer in Chicago now appears to have been an abject failure?

Obama '12:  Trying to Do for America What I Did for Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment