"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All You Need to Know About the Obama Budget

President Obama's budget for the next ten years was released yesterday.   The Wall Street Journal has a good piece on the subject, but all you really need to know is summarized in one graph and one fact.   Here's the graph:



And here's the fact:  despite the exploding debt, which ought to prompt any responsible politician to cut federal spending, Obama proposes a budget that actually increases spending by $193 billion, to $3.8 trillion, or 24.3% of GDP.  

The Obama budget is not a serious document, and it was produced by a President who is not a serious leader.  Unless that is, his idea of leadership is leading America off a cliff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment