When I am cross-examining a hostile witness, there is usually one moment in the questioning where I will stare at the witness with a "you gotta be kidding me" look on my face and say to him, "Now, let me get this straight."
Regarding President Obama's "no comment" on the Chicago Teacher Strike... let me get this straight:
1. Chicago is his hometown.
2. He made his political career as a "community organizer" in Chicago.
3. The teachers' unions are one of his primary sources of campaign funding and support, as well as being one of the primary financial supports for the Democratic Party as a whole.
4. Illinois is his home state.
5. Illinois, along with California, is in the midst of a fiscal meltdown largely driven by high wages and benefits grated to public employees, including teachers.
6. The battle between taxpayers and public employees, including teachers, is a national issue (witness the Scott Walker recall election in Wisconsin when he had the temerity to take on teacher pay and benefits).
And he has "no comment"?
Obama '12: Four More Years of Voting "Present"