"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Incomplete!

This is a major gaffe, and I'm sure the GOP is readying ads as we speak to exploit it.   You can't be President and give yourself an "Incomplete" for your main task -- getting the economy moving again -- and expect to be reelected.




Beyond the main gaffe, consider the embedded gaffes.   He cites three positive "accomplishments" on the economy:  (1) the auto company bailout; (2) making college more affordable; and (3) investing in green energy companies.

IS HE SIMPLY OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING?

I capitalize this because GM's stock price is in the toilet, which means that the federal government, holders of some 500 million shares of the company's stock, has lost something on the order of $25 billion on the GM bailout.   And the bubble in college education is so stretched that it's only a matter of time before it pops.   And his investments in "green energy" like Solyndra are either failures or felonies, depending on your perspective.   These are his accomplishments?

The Emperor Has No Clothes.   Say it out loud.   Rinse.   Repeat.   The Emperor Has No Clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment