Many in the conservative blogosphere have been disheartened by polls showing President Obama got a post-convention "bounce," while others have spent time analyzing the "cross-tabs" of the same polls to argue that they aren't credible. But the emphasis on polls, so typical of America's politics of the trivial, is missing the real news that's coming out over the past week:
1. The horrible jobs numbers from the BLS last Friday.
2. Moody's caution that America could get another downgrade in its credit rating.
3. Germany's warning that American national debt is a threat to world stability.
4. Israel's increasing alarm over Iran's nuclear program, and Obama's unaccountable decision to snub Benjamin Netanyahu, who wanted to meet with him on his trip this month to the U.S.
5. Mobs attacking U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya -- so much for the "Arab Spring"!
Meanwhile, President Poll-Tested keeps going to fundraisers and keeps playing golf and keeps talking, talking, talking.