"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Let the Hysteria Commence

"Hysteria" is the best noun to describe what will happen this week at the DNC, because it captures the hormonal, feminized, ovary-driven politics that will apparently be the Dems' mantra.   There will be plenty of "Get Your Government Off My Ovaries!" buttons on display.

Anyway, here's idiot Cory Booker today on Republicans' "war on women":

At a Planned Parenthood rally today, Newark mayor Cory Booker tore into the Republicans on abortion, delivering a harsh criticism of speakers at the GOP convention who had said they “love women.”

“Then I heard something that is one of the reflections, an echo of some of the most insulting things we’ve been hearing for a long time,” Booker said, referring to watching the convention. “I heard people stand up and say, ‘I love women.’ I heard people stand up: ‘I’ve got a sister. I’ve got a mother.’”

“That’s like saying you’re not a bigot ‘cause you have a black friend,” Booker retorted, drawing cheers and applause from the crowd. “That’s like saying I love Latinos, I go to Taco Bell every week. That is like saying that you are a person that is just and right because you know what, you like Jewish people.”

These people are nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment