"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Girl of the Day - Mary Tyler Moore


Fifty years ago today, the first episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show was filmed.   Van Dyke was a great talent and the show remains one of the best comedy shows in TV history, but to me the key player on the show was always Mary Tyler Moore playing Van Dyke's young suburban wife, Laura Petrie.   She was 24 when the show started, and it was hard to ignore how hot she was, no matter how they drabbed her down on the show.

Occasionally, they would let her dance:




I'll bet she still has great legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment