"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blizzard!


It's snowing and blowing here in Milwaukee, as you can see.   Good day to do desk work; good day to go home and put the feet up by the fire; good day to cuddle with the kids and play Scrabble.   Bad day to be outside.   Naturally, the Regular Son, who is genetically and morally a good deal tougher than Dad (comes from his mother), is planning a run after school today.   Ah, youth!  (I probably shouldn't have let him watch Band of Brothers... he thinks he's in the 101st Airborne at Bastogne and should just tough it out!)

1 comment:

  1. The Regular Wife has now cleared the driveway of said snow. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete