"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Simple Questions

Let me just ask a few simple questions that will ring true to the other "regular guys" out there.
  • Do you think Barack Obama has ever changed a tire?
  • Do you think Barack Obama has ever put up drywall?
  • Do you think Barack Obama could explain how a carburetor works?
  • Do you think Barack Obama could explain the purpose of priming before painting?
  • Do you think Barack Obama knows what "glazing compound" is for?
  • Do you think Barack Obama has ever operated a chainsaw?
I could go on, but you get my drift... our liberal elites, of whom Obama is the apotheosis, are people who, if they lived in your neighborhood,would be the last ones you'd ask for a favor in doing something practical.
 
But they think they can run our lives.   They think they can go into a room with lawyers and pizza and pull an all-nighter and "fix" a healthcare system that is the size of the entire economy of France.
 
But, in real life, you wouldn't ask them to hold your ladder for you while you clean your gutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment