"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, October 14, 2013

Girl of the Day - Martina Garcia

Homeland was a bit grim last night... Brody is now a heroin addict in Caracas living in an abandoned half-finished high-rise ruled by what appear to be a gang of criminals.   Carrie Mathison is still in the nuthouse taking lithium to smooth out her... ahem... rough edges.   Bizarrely (this is Homeland, after all), Brody is cared for by a young woman who appears to have fallen straight out of the pages of Vogue, played by an actress named Martina Garcia.   Hard to understand why someone who looks like this would be living in a squalid crime den, but then... it's TV!



No comments:

Post a Comment