"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, April 26, 2013

Obama at Planned Parenthood

After canceling his keynote address on Thursday night, President Obama showed up at the Planned Parenthood annual convention to deliver "remarks" this morning.   The text is here, if you can stomach it.   I haven't looked at it yet, but I am going to do an experiment to see (a) whether he ever uses the word abortion, or (b) whether he instead uses euphemisms like "women's health," and "reproductive freedom."   I suspect that he won't on (a), and will on (b).  

Let's go!

***

I was right!   (Meaning I correctly noted the crushingly obvious.)

Mentions of the words "women" or "woman" = 36

Mentions of the word "health" = 23

Mentions of the words "right" or "rights" = 10

Mentions of the words "choice" or "choose" = 5

Mentions of the word "abortion"  = 0

Mentions of the word "baby," "infant," or "child" = 0

Oh, my apologies.   He does use the word "children" once.   "We need all the women who come through your doors telling their children, their husbands, and the folks in their neighborhoods about their health care options."

Somehow I think that when the hundreds of thousands of women who come through the doors of Planned Parenthood every year for abortions tell their "children" about their "health care options," that information will fall on deaf ears, because their children, of course, will be dead.

Oh, and by the way, he doesn't mention the words "Kermit Gosnell" either.   

***

UPDATE:  The Regular Son asked me if Obama had used the word "life."   Answer:  3 times.  Each time he was talking about how Planned Parenthood cancer screenings saved a woman's life.   That's a good thing, and I am in favor of that.   Of course.   But cancer screenings aren't the main activity of Planned Parenthood and everyone knows it.   The real "life" issue at Planned Parenthood is the lives of the hundreds of thousands of babies that are ended there.   But he can't talk about that, now, can he?  

These liberal intellectuals are interesting creatures.   They claim to be so "fact-based" and rational.   Yet they can't speak clearly about the basic truth of what goes on in an abortion clinic.   If they said something like "we believe that the convenience and careers of adult women are more important values than the lives of babies," they would be wrong and immoral, but at least they would be honest.   If Obama said something like "the convenience and careers of adult women ar emore important values than the lives of babies because adult women can vote for me and babies can't" he would, again, be honest.... but he would be revealed as a monster.   

No comments:

Post a Comment