"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Confused Answers to Easy Questions

Here is a video of a Planned Parenthood spokeswoman being unable to answer the question of what should happen if a baby is born alive in an abortion clinic:




Look, I'm pro-Life.   I don't think what happens in the usual circumstances in abortion clinics is moral to begin with.   But it seems to me that, if we can't agree that a LIVE HUMAN BABY should not be killed, but that "medical professionals" should, consistent with their Hippocratic oaths, be required to try to save the child, then we're lost.   I guarantee you that this woman would look with horror if a new mother took her baby home from a hospital in a car without benefit of a child car seat; or if a neighbor allowed her small children to ride their tiny bicycles without state-approved helmets; or if a pregnant woman at the table next to her at a restaurant were drinking or (God forbid) smoking.   But apparently killing the baby is OK, so long as it happens within the Temple of Human Sacrifice that is the modern Planned Parenthood.

Moreover, if Planned Parenthood doesn't acknowledge that there's a difference between a live baby outside the womb and, say, a third-trimester baby inside the womb, why exactly should we treat aborting a third-trimester baby any differently than we treat murdering a baby? Yet one is essentially applauded in "polite" liberal society as a sacrament of the religion of feminism, while the other is a prosecutable offense (see Gosnell, Kermit).

No comments:

Post a Comment