"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Girl of the Day - Joy Williams

Joy Williams is the female half of the folk duo The Civil Wars.   I had never heard of them before flipping by last Friday night to Austin City Limits, and seeing them.   Fantastic! 




I read that they have since broken up the act for "artistic differences."   WTF?   Is there some scenario where they can make better "art" apart than they can together?   I don't see it.   Once you grab lightning in a bottle, you shouldn't just willy-nilly let it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment