"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Tale of Three Cities

I cannot foretell what this means for the future of the Republic, but this data is interesting to me.

1)  Right now, President Obama has won re-election by a margin of approximately 2.9 million votes nationwide.

2)  In America's three largest cities, Los Angeles (Obama plus 952,000 in LA County), Chicago (Obama plus 960,000 in Cook County), and New York (Obama plus 1.3 million in the five boroughs), Obama is up a total of 3.45 million.

3) Thus, but for LA, Chicago, and New York, Romney is winning the rest of the country.  

Is that good for America when three cities essentially deliver 104 electoral votes to Democrats automatically?  

No comments:

Post a Comment