Put aside the nastiness of this attack, the sheer demogoguery, the sheer idiocy -- of course the party that loves Allen West, loves Clarence Thomas, loves Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Condoleeza Rice, of course they want to put black people in chains. Just put that nonsense aside for the moment.
Let's play the game: Who's really putting black people in chains?
As I've said before, if I were a black person in America under Obama, I'd be interested in the following facts:
When Obama took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate for white men who were 25-54 years old, i.e., in their prime earning years (the Regular Guy is 53... better get moving!), was 8.1% at the trough of the recession. In June 2012 it is back down to 5.9%.
Meanwhile, the unemployment rate for blacks, which was 12.7% when Obama took office, has actually gone up to 14.4% in June 2012. The unemployment rate for Hispanics, which was 10.0% when Obama took office, was up to 11.0% in June 2012. And the unemployment rate for young people, ages 16-24, which was 14.9% in January 2009, is now up to 16.5% as of last month's jobs report. All of this can easily be found at the Bureau of Labor Statistics web page.
Why do these groups -- blacks, Hispanics, young people -- continue to support Obama, when his regime has so obviously been bad for them?
The real Obama record reflects government that is at the service of the professional elites, the business elites, the governmental elites, the union elites, the politically-connected. In other words, middle-aged white dudes.
But let's go deeper. Think of policies that are considered the core of liberalism:
1. The minimum wage. It is not an accident that increases in the minimum wage driven by liberal demogoguery have resulted in higher and higher unemployment rates for black teenagers. Has liberalism served the black community well by making black teenagers nearly unhirable? Thank the Dems for all those boys on the street corner.
2. Environmentalism. The aggressive environmental lobby to which the Democratic Party is in thrall has caused there to be both fewer and fewer good manufacturing jobs in America, and more and more costly energy, which in turn raises food costs. If you are black in America, do you like those empty factories in your neighborhoods where there used to be jobs? Do you like paying more and more for food? Thank the Dems.
3. Welfare, the "Great Society," the "War on Poverty," and the Destruction of the Black Family.
In 1960 roughly 20% of black children lived with a single mother. By 2006 it was over 50% and climbing. Has liberalism served the black family? Thank the Dems.
4. Public schools.
Nuff said. Have the teachers' unions, the core constituency of the modern liberal Democratic Party, served your children well? Thank the Dems when your child can't read.
5. Hollywood and the "entertainment" industry (including the music industry).
Do you think the filth and violence emanating from Hollywood and pouring into your homes to be consumed by your children has been a good thing? Thank the liberals for undermining your values.
6. Abortion and disparate impact on black babies.
Do you like the fact that the abortion industry, founded by the eugenicist Margaret Sanger, targets inner city neighbors and disparately aborts black babies? Again, thank the liberals for what has essentially been a genocide against your children.
Republicans don't want to put you in chains. We want to free you.