"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

More Numbers on Obamacare

Oh, not really.   I just thought it was interesting that Obama has now played 150 rounds of golf in less than five years as President.   If it takes roughly six hours to get to the course and play, that's 900 hours he's spent playing golf.  

  • Do you think he should have spent some of that time monitoring how the website for Obamacare was coming along?
  • Do you think he should have spent some of that time being available when the Benghazi attack occurred?
  • Do you think he might have spent some of that time investigating just how it was that his IRS targeted conservative groups?
  • Do you think he might have spent some of that time figuring out just what the NSA was up to?

Big exit question:

Do you think if a Republican had played 150 rounds of golf that might be a news story?

***

P.S. And, oh, by the way, do you think if it was a Republican who had two daughters (say, George W. Bush) that the media would castigate him for ignoring his children and/or leaving them to his wife's care or the care of nannies or other watchers while he goes off playing golf?  

Look, I like golf too.   But I've probably played less than ten rounds in the past five years, in large part because I (a) have a job; and (b) have children who need and deserve my attention.

But, then, maybe we're just different kinds of men:



No comments:

Post a Comment