"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, November 15, 2013

Girl of the Day - Congressman Fred Upton's Niece

Congressman Fred Upton (R - Mich.) was the author of a bill that passed today with bipartisan support in the House called the "Keep Your Health Plan Act."   Notably, it passed with a much higher vote total than the original Obamacare passed the House with, and included 39 Democrats voting against the President.  

Will history remember Upton for his legislative triumph?   Maybe.   But maybe they'll remember him more as the uncle of a certain supermodel:

























I'd vote for that.







No comments:

Post a Comment